Move More...Eat Smart!
Girls on the Run/ Girls on Track
New Season Starting Soon! Click here to get the details!
The photo gallery requires at least Flash version 9.0.28.
Please install the latest FlashPlayer.
Activate Phoenixville Area (APA) is a community wellness coalition committed to fostering healthier lifestyles in our community.
Wellness Programs that benefit YOU:
- Get your Free Community Yoga voucher
- Get your Free Pedometer
- Find out what are the benefits and how to become a member of APA
- Join Phoenixville's Presidential Physical Fitness Challenge
- Find out about APA's community programs like: Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, the Phantom Phitness Club.
Photos of Activate Phoenixville Area Programs in Action
Activate Phoenixville Area High School President Honored for Service
Activate Phoenixville Area is so proud and honored to have our Steering Committee member, Annie Rubino of Phoenixville Area High School, selected for the prestigious Youth Philanthropy: Legacy Award from the Chester County Community Foundation. Annie was selected for the award for her community service work. In addition to being on the APA Steering Committee, she also founded the Activate Phoenixville Area High School student club which has mobilized high school students to get involved with community wellness.
This award came with a $500.00 award, and Annie selected Activate Phoenixville Area to e the receipt of that donation. During her acceptance speech, Annie mentioned that her work with APA has changed her life and is the unsung hero of the Phoenixville community.
APA shares Annie’s hope that this prestigious award can serve as an inspiration to other young people that living a healthy life has many rewards. We also hope it helps to encourage people – both young and old - who care about fitness, nutrition and wellness to get involved with the Phoenixville community.
Congratulations, Annie! We are so proud of you!
Volunteer Opportunities in Phoenixville
Girls on the Run and Girls on Track Coaches Needed for 2013 Season!
- Coaches do not have to be elite runners. They just have to be over 18 & maintain a healthy lifestyle!
- Coaches must attend one training session.
- All curriculum and materials are supplied. Coaches provided with support network
- Programs meet twice a week for 90 minutes.
- Teams of coaches and part time coaches are welcomed!
If you are interested, contact APA Coordinator at email@example.com.
EASY WAYS TO MAINTAIN YOUR GOOD HEALTH!
Eat 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables per day!
Increase activity every day, every way!
Limit leisure screen time to 1-2 hours per day
Drink plenty of water