15 Ways Technology Can Help Your Health
If there’s one thing technology has achieved, it’s changing the world we inhabit. However, technology isn’t just social media, fun games, or betting on sports & watching them live. Many apps can help you take care of your health in multiple ways.
1. Apps that count your steps
- Pacer: Pacer is a top-rated pedometer. The premium version does all sorts of tricks, but the free version will count your steps smoothly.
- Fitbit: Many people don’t know that you don’t need the Fitbit tracker to use the superb Fitbit app. It’s a full-fledged smartphone step counter.
- CharityMiles: This app lets you count your steps and donate to charity depending on your total distance. You can also skip the donations and only use the counter feature.
2. Apps that count your calories
- MyFitnessPal: One of the most popular calorie counter apps. It lets you scan in barcodes of products you eat, greatly simplifying the process.
- Fooducate: Fooducate doesn’t just track calories. It also informs you of how nutritional your calorie intake is, so you can avoid empty calories.
- Lifesum: This is a great tool for both counting calories and being healthier in general, including a barcode scanner.
3. Apps that help you exercise
- PEAR Personal Fitness Coach: This app focuses on hands-free audio-based fitness coaching, with full guided workouts for every level.
- Workout Trainer: This free app packs detailed routines and video exercises for users of any experience level. It’s simple and effective.
- Seven: The app offers users simple workouts that are easy to follow, taking only seven minutes each day. It’s ideal for modern lifestyles, so busy and hectic.
4. Apps that help you give up unhealthy habits
- Way of Life: This simple app lets you track your own progress as you fight your bad habits. It also has colorful customizable reminders.
- Good to Hear: More than beating a bad habit, Good to Hear encourages you to build good ones. It’s a great way to make better habits stick.
- Habitbull: Habitbull actively identifies the most problematic patterns in your daily life. It lets you track your progress as you improve your habits, and sends helpful reminders.
5. Apps that offer you healthy diet plans and recipes
- Yummly: Yummly is a perfect app for those looking to eat healthier meals without sacrificing taste in the process. It’ll match your palate with healthier recipes.
- Foodstand: This health-conscious foodie app provides a community-based hub for recipes, events, healthy eating tips, and even food recalls.
EatingWell: This is a full database of healthy recipes packed with detailed photos of the completed products, written by professionals.