Free Bike Share Program in Phoenixville
"Bike Schuylkill" is a completely free bike share program available in three Schuylkill River Heritage Area communities: Phoenixville, Hamburg and Pottstown.
Through Bike Schuylkill, anyone aged 16 and over can borrow a bike by providing a driver's license or valid state ID to a program administrator. The bikes can be used for a short period of time or an entire day, but they must be returned by the time the loaning office or shop closes.
Bike Schuylkill-Phoenixville Location:
165 Bridge Street
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Hours: T-F 11am-7pm, Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 12-4pm.
Free Yoga Voucher
Have you always wanted to experience the health, peace of mind, and boundless enthusiasm for life that comes from yoga? Now is your chance! Phoenixville Area yoga studios have partnered to offer YOU a free chance to experience yoga!
Let's face it, it is not always easy to get up and get moving on your own. Walking with someone else or a group is safer, more fun, and there is a better chance that you will stick to a routine if you are committed to someone other than yourself.
Here is how you get started:
- Spread the word that walking groups are being formed in the Phoenixville community.
- Identify days and times that are most desirable.
- Choose meeting places that are convenient to the groups.
- Create names for each of the walking groups and design a t-shirt for all Activate Phoenixville walking participants - this should be fun!
- Organize several walking groups and choose group leaders.
- Coordinate meetings with group leaders to establish guidelines (i.e. will the group meet to walk if it is raining or snowing?)
Please talk this over with your friends, co-workers, family members and neighbors. Then, let us know if you are interested in forming a walking group. or wish to be a leader. It only takes a few people to get started and then the groups will likely grow.
Walk #1 (.5 Mile)
Start at Main Street & Second Ave.
Follow Second Ave to Starr St. & make a right.
Proceed to Third Ave. and turn right.
Return to Main St. (Reeves Park Perimeter)
Walk #2 (1.15 Mile)
Walking perimeter of Phoenixville YMCA at 400 E. Pothouse Rd is approximately 2050 steps or 1.15 mile.
Walk #3 (.60 Mile)
Phoenixville H.S. Athletic Fields:
Begin on end at Carlisle Ave softball field. Approximately 1050 steps or .60 mile.
Walk #4 (1.0 Mile)
Leave Barkley School yard & turn left on Third Ave.
Continue to Starr St. & make a left.
Proceed to Second Ave & turn left.
Return to Barkley via Second Ave.
Walk #5 (.25 Mile)
Inside perimeter of the average supermarket is approximately 400 steps or .25 mile.
Walk #6 (2.0 Miles)
Coventry Mall, Pottstown:
Walk the entire length of the mall including the hall to Boscov's.
Walk #7 (1.0 Mile)
Plaza at King of Prussia:
Start at Sears and walk to Strawbridge’s and back.
.5 mile (Do this two times)
Walk #8 (2.0 Miles)
Walking a 9 hole round of golf is approximately 4100 steps or 2.0 miles.
Walk #9 (.25 Miles)
Labyrinth at 412 Fairview St.
A peaceful place to increase your activity level. Walk the labyrinth behind Bethel Baptist Church.
Follow the curving path from the entrance to the seat in the center, then out again.
Four times = 1 mile.
Launching Activate Phoenixville Area President's Challenge!
APA has partnered with the White House on the President's Active Lifestyle Award (PALA). In partnership with the First Lady's Let's Move initiative, APA is working toward getting more Phoenixville area residents to move more and eat smart! Take the challenge, win great prizzes and join in on the fun of getting fit!
Here are the goals:
- Adults (ages 18 and older): You need to be active 30 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. As an alternative, you can count your daily activity steps using a pedometer (goal: 8,500).
- Kids and teens (ages 6 - 17 years): You need to be active 60 minutes a day, at least 5 days a week, for 6 out of 8 weeks. As an alternative, you can count your daily activity steps using a pedometer (girls' goal: 11,000; boys' goal: 13,000).
To learn more: